This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
- The Twelve Secrets to Happiness in Your Garden (A great keynote speech)
- Beauty and the Vegetable Feast
- Eat Your Garden
- Grow Vegetables, No Excuses
- Vegetable Gardening from A to Z
- Tidbits and Treasures from Old Gardening Books
- Gardening Tools, Beyond the Hoe
- Time Management for Gardeners (short, 15 minute presentation)
- Pillywiggin's Pleasaunce - Beyond Pink Tulips and Yellow Daffodil
- Ver Perpetuum - Perpetual Spring in the Garden with Late Fall, Winter, and Early Spring Blooms
- Plan Your Garden, Garden Your Plan
- Odes to Compost: A Poetry Reading
- My Little Black Book of Favorite Plants
- When Opportunity Knocks: My Journey From a Blog to a Book
- Garden Blogging - Join Other Gardeners Online thru Blogging
If your neighbors don’t think you’re a little crazy, you need to up your gardening game.
Carol J. Michel is the award-winning author of a trilogy of gardening humor books, a book about garden creatures, and one children’s book. With degrees in horticulture and computer technology, she spent over three decades making a living in healthcare IT while making a life in her garden. Her awards have come from several organizations, including GardenComm: Garden Communicators International; National Federation of Press Women; and National Society of Newspaper Columnists.
Michel is also the keeper of the world’s largest hoe collection and her library is a sanctuary for old gardening books. More of Carol’s works are scheduled for publication in the roaring 2020s. For more info, visit her website, www.caroljmichel.com
Humor? Yes, of course. Virtual? Yes, absolutely.
Depending on where you are and where I am, virtual may be a great option to have me speak to your group without having to sell some of those precious seeds you have for a rare-in-cultivation plant to cover my travel costs.
Lighten the mood. Sit back, relax, and let me show you how laughter helps every garden grow better, and it's good for gardeners too!
Gardener, author, owner of the world's largest hoe collection, keeper of the secrets to happiness in your garden, and collector of old gardening books, Carol mixes horticulture and humor in her presentations on a wide variety of gardening topics.
She is also the author of five books including four books of humorous essays, Potted and Pruned: Living a Gardening Life, Homegrown and Handpicked: A Year in a Gardening Life, Seeded and Sodded: Thoughts from a Gardening Life, and Creatures and Critters: Who's in Your Garden, plus one children's book, The Christmas Cottontail: A Tale for Gardeners of All Ages.
Antique Gardening Books